2008/10/13 Tony Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I had a chance to talk to Malcolm O'Keefe (the CEO of BlueRiver Interactive,
> which is to Sava what Daemon is to FarCry) about this subject. As an example,
> he pointed out the social networking site biteclub.com, which he described as
> a "huge Model-Glue application" integrated with Sava to handle the content
> editing/publishing and user management aspects of the site. The only drawback
> (which Malcolm readily admitted) is that, at this point, the documentation on
> how to use Sava's API to integrate it with other apps is sparse, but they are
> working on it, as well as a more formalized plugin architecture to build Sava
> extensions.

An API for integration is not quite the same as built for extending.
FarCry Core is it itself a framework in which the "huge Model-Glue
application" could likely have been built. But hey I'm certainly no
expert in Sava so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

> I've tried a couple of times to get started with Farcry, but it didn't really
> click with me. I'm finding the learning curve with Sava to be much shallower
> and the user forums have been really helpful. This is definitely not a knock
> on Farcry, which is THE content management framework in the OS CF space. But
> I found the learning curve to be steep. From what I hear though, you can get
> a lot out of it if you can keep with it.

For those who tried to use FarCry in the past and found it difficult I
would thoroughly recommend the new FarCry Jump Start Course -- so far
we've had tremendous feedback.  The course details the building of an
application from the ground up and has been very helpful in getting
developers to "click" with the way the FarCry framework is
constructed:
http://org.farcrycore.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/farcry-jumpstart-500-20080905.pdf

Best regards,

geoff