Al Musella, DPM wrote:
> Note that code 550 sometimes means no such user and other times means
> that we are being blocked..  they should have a standard coding
> system to make it easy:)

We have a standard system. From RFC 2822:

    5yz   Permanent Negative Completion reply
       The command was not accepted and the requested action did not
       occur.  The SMTP client is discouraged from repeating the exact
       request (in the same sequence).
(..)
    x5z   Mail system: These replies indicate the status of the receiver
       mail system vis-a-vis the requested transfer or other mail system
       action.
(..)
       550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
          (e.g., mailbox not found, no access, or command rejected
          for policy reasons)

So in both cases the action your server requested from the other server
is rejected and you are requested not to try it again.

Jochem