True, but in the case of :

Failed Recipient: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reason: Remote host said: 550 550 Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked.
Write [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't want to delete this person from my newsletter automatically..
I want to be made aware of the situation and correct it, then resend
the newsletter.
  The newsletter I send has potentially life saving information (it
is a brain cancer newsletter and there are a lot of exciting things
happening in that field right now!)
By the way - the people at earthlink are very nice.. You write to
them, they reply with an autoresponder, then you reply back to that
and a real person responds quickly and they  unblocked us.

My point is that there should be a 500 code only for permanent
errors.  The spam blocking thing should be a different code.