That seems a bit strange.  I've seen no major announcement from Allaire,
and this seems like a MAJOR issue.

You could use a file upload COM object (the way you'd do it in ASP; go
to any ASP site to find some).  Built-in functionality is ColdFusion's
strongest selling point; I really don't want to find out that I have to
resort to COM objects (otherwise, I'd use ASP).

However, I personally find this unacceptable.  File uploading is a major
piece of ColdFusion functionality; fixing such a bug should be Priority
1 for Allaire.  We paid money for the product expecting it to work.
This is a bit analogous to buying a new car, and finding out that the
windows don't roll up.  Response from the dealership would be, "Um,
we're working on that.  Just duct tape a trash bag to cover up your
window."

I suspect that you may have been given incorrect information; if not, I
would consider it extremely irresponsible of Allaire to not release this
information sooner.

I know there's some Allaire folks who monitor the list; could someone
from Allaire please address this issue?  Otherwise I suspect Allaire
will have a few thousand (how many people subscribe to this list?)
developers confused and/or misinformed and/or angry.

--
Billy Cravens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]