I'm a programmer of 3 years now and only started coding in CF about a year ago
whilst my database knowledge is not that great one marked difference (my very
little experience anyway) from speaking to my CF colleagues is that most of
them refuses to use stored procedure or even views, their main point of
arguement is that cfqueryparam pre-compiles, does data type validation and
foils sql injection etc..

But coming from the other side (.NET C# realm), everything I did as far as SQL
was concerned was done in the database, it was also very easy to port some of
my C# code to CF and now vice-versa since my database logic was and is totally
separate from the code base.

Why not let database do what is was made for.....am I missing something here?