I'm a complete CF newbie with a big (to me) technical hurdle.  I know HTML
fairly well, but I'm really a datacenter guy, so CF is beyond my skill set.

Here's the problem:  My company is moving our website to a new host and our
previous host had some custom tags that aren't working on the new host.  Calls
to the new hosting company's tech support don't get me very far, as they don't
support custom tags, but allow them to be loaded.  I was told that I could call
the custom tags through a script, but I haven't a clue how to do it.  The
person that wrote the old website just wants to disable the custom tag, but
that disables our keywords, which our company president frowns upon.  Is there
someone here that is willing to help me figure out how to make the current site
work?