What about when the user submits the information  utilizing the form
in flex to have it make another trip to the component to acquire all
data to be redisplayed in the data grid. I do this same thing however
in my case, my datagrid is refreshed every 5 minutes automatically.

Kim Hoopingarner wrote:
> I have a Flex 3 main app that calls 2 components - one has a datagrid
with user data while the other component has an input form for the same
user data.  I use the Coldfusion to server the data changes.  I found
that if I change the data using the input form, it is not reflected in
the datagrid.  So I'm out of sync - and can't find a good solution to
prevent this.

> I know now that solutions are out there (like LiveCycle data services)
to keep components in sync with the database.  But I'm confused...   I
have a hosting site to work with - and I'm in a shared environment.
Therefore I won't be able to update the coldfusion config files to make
the LiveCycle work.

> I need a solution that will allow me to keep Flex 3 and the database in
sync using Coldfusion - but kept within the constraints of a shared
hosting environment.  What should I look into.