Maybe check out WebORB to see if it offers something to help. I don’t
use that product, so I’m not sure.
http://www.themidnightcoders.com/products.html

To handle the issue of updating stale data, comparing checksums is a
common way to detect if anything on the server changed. SQL Server has
great support for data checksums, if you happen to use that database.

What is done in the ASP.NET framework is to keep track of both the
values being edited and the new values. When an update is sent to the
server, first verify that the values in the database match the values
that you edited. Luckily Visual Studio can generate all this code for
the developer, since it would be rather tedious to write yourself for
a big form.

SQL Server has good data change detection and alerting functionality
that is intended to be used with the ASP.NET Web site caching
functionality, but you can also use the same functionality with CF
since it is handled by the database.

None of these techniques will help solve the problem of data binding
within flex on their own. LiveCycle would help, but given your
situation, the hurdles you would need to jump in order to use that
technology are fairly high.

-Mike Chabot