Ah, I had forgotten about border="0" on the table tag. I was setting border
properties and such via css on the table cells but had forgotten about the
old school table html tag options. Show's how much table layout I'm doing
these days. Your suggestion seems to be solving my problem. And by solid
background color, I meant setting a bgcolor on the cells in a row (or the
row itself) and that was being interrupted by spaces of white because of the
cellspacing default on the table tag.

Thanks,
Judah