I'm not 100% sure, but if you have the createObject() call straight after
the this.mappings[] code it probably won't work.

I would expect that CF has yet to build those mappings into what it uses to
determine mapped paths yet.

Do your createObject() call inside a index.cfm or similar, and you should
find that it works.

Mark