You can install plugins into the standalone builder. The standalone
builder is, essentially, just its own Eclipse installation, which
means you can install other plugins (such as subclipse) into it.

One somewhat annoying thing is that both cfeclipse and CF Builder use
a .project file, so you can't have a project in both applications (as
far as I can tell, I know CF Builder wouldn't let me create a project
if there was already a cfeclipse .project file in the folder). [I
suspect the .project file is an eclipse standard, so every plugin
would use the same file name]

Other things I've heard from a reliable source but haven't confirmed:
1) If you plan on using Flex Builder and CF  Builder, install Flex
Builder as a standalone and then install the CF Builder plugin into it
2) cfeclipse and CF Builder don't work well together in the same installation.

Scott