From: Phillip Vector [mailto:vec...@mostdeadlygame.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:30 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: ecommerce emergency

I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks. :)

The client I'm doing this for is only willing to part with $450.
That's total. For my setup time, configuration, etc. I'm not sure how it is
around the country, but where I am (NW USA), it's dog eat dog with PHP
developers who are charging $9/hr. for websites. I managed to convince the
client that I'm able to code allot faster with ColdFusion and that PHP is
open source, therefore not as secure (I used the "Google 'PHPbb virus'
response). So I have this guy set to dump his hosting prepaid for 2 years to
get some hosting on hostingatoz (which I'm hesitant to do since they still
have yet to fix my cffile issue) or pay for some cf hosting someplace else,
but that's another issue.

I am glad you guys could tell your clients "You need this and this and this"
and you guys get it. Us contractors in this area tend to tell our clients
this and they go, "Well, I'll go with someone else then who does PHP and
take my chances because I don't have the money".

I'd enjoy getting a $400 product that I can customize for clients. But if I
were to ask a client out here for that up front (instead of at the end),
then I wouldn't have the client. It's tough enough to get the client to pay
50% down nowadays.

BTW, if anyone DOES have a client they are too busy to handle who is willing
to drop $400 at the start and needs an ecommerce solution, I'll be glad to
take them off your hands. :) Thank you for the advice, but I still have to
go with CFShopKart at the moment.