thanks for some great advice on simply purchasing a shopping cart.  I haven't
seen cfwebstore but have downloaded cfshopkart.

my requirements are extremely small compared to a full featured shopping cart.

The only requirements are as follows for my first stage (stage 1):

1) categories and subcategories (unlimited subcategories)
2) products allow options which can be shared among different products
(e.g. tee shirt in S,M,L size will be radio buttons) and can be used for
multiple products.

3) customer can perform one time only shopping without giving all the detail
info
4) order details must be saved
5) order status will be used for tracking purposes

As you can see this is simply a base level prototype, not a fully featured
shopping cart application.

I would like to use fusbox 5.X along with CFC's as much as possible.  Again,
without adequate experience in ecommerce, I need some assistance in building
this application.

If you have experience in this area, please let me know.