There are several things that I would suggest, in moving from a single
developer to team development dynamic:

Source Control is critical (personal pref - VSS doesn't cut it, go to
SVN or Git)
Developers should/must setup/maintain their own development environments
Development and initial testing should be done locally (on user's
desktop), QA and final testing on a centralized staging server, then
finally deploy to production
Local, Staging, and Production environments should match each other as
closely as possible
Establish a good set of Coding Guidelines, that everyone on the team
must follow going forward
Write standardized naming conventions (in your Coding Guidelines) of
variables, directory and file structure, db architecture, HTML id's and
classes, etc.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Co-Author of "Learning Ext JS"
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js/book
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com