Just to add:

Documentation, documentation, documentation...

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Santora [mailto:patwe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:37 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Shift from a single developer team to a multiple developer team

I second what Cutter mentions here. They are common practices and really
work well on getting the job done within development teams. In regards to
the development/staging/production environments, you should make sure that
only one maybe two people are responsible for pushing code to at least
production. Too many people pushing code could really screw something up.

I noticed that you said your application is somewhat modular. This can play
to your benefit as you can separate a large task by assigning a person to
take care of front end work, while another can take care of back end work.
It keeps the team talking with one another as well as can keep toes from
being stepped on during the development cycle. Basically "you work on this
and you work on that and let it come together in the end".

-Pat