To buck the overall trend, Computer Systems Technology at Camosun
College.  I have seen professionals in our field ranging from Computer
Science trained, to those with Doctorates in Paleontology.  Its funny
how most of the instructors (something like 75%) did not have degrees in
either computer science or education.

 From a practical standpoint, experience does count the most.  I think,
though, that a lot of companies use 'must have a a degree' as a
brainless filter to try and weed out a large number of applicants.  Its
an attitude that has always been there.

I personally believe that experience over education is what should
really be considered when staffing.  That, and communication skills.
I've seen computer science people with Masters degrees who were terrible
programmers, I've seen people with no computer science background being
terrific programmers, and everything in between.

I wouldn't even want to apply for a company that _requires_ a degree
over experience, because if they are looking at the wrong criteria right
off the bat, can you imagine what their attitudes towards doing business
are like?

Allen Souliere