On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Mark Kruger <mkru...@cfwebtools.com> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> That is so funny.... I have a BA in Theology, a BA in Music and I'm just
> shy
> of a master in Sociology - and here I am working in computer development :)
>
> It's not surprising how many folks have Music as a part of their skill set
> who  are also programmers. There's a natural synergy there I think.
>
> -Mark

1 year in Architectural Design
1 year in mechanical drafting
2 cfunited conferences
1 company coldfusion 2 or 3 day training session on-site.

no degree, but I'd say a few of those courses have helped me over what I
gained in High School. The rest was learning from books which worked very
well. Tack on cfunited and you learn more about coldfusion than you would in
any Computer Science Curriculum I've seen.

I'm a DJ as well but don't see how a lot of music theory helps me, so I'm
glad I didn't go that route.

If the Internet was kickin it in 92' I might have gone that route starting
out. A few years in call center management, where I started writing SQL got
me more interested in programming, down hill ever since. Well, down hill if
you call working for myself thing, out of my house...

I do miss Corporate life at times. Keeping your snowboard in your office
with those pow wow sessions before work were a plus at Stratton Mtn Resort,
I absolutely don't miss the meetings though.

My resume is great on experience but I didn't even get a call when I applied
for a Skidmore College position a couple years back. That was odd but then
again, I don't have a degree.

Casey