Rick,

We used Configuration 3 that is mentioned on the link Helge provided. It has
worked great and we didn't have to do any code updates for it (going from
one version of CF to another is a different story). One thing we did notice
though, you need to make sure the settings are the same across the board,
others, sessions will react differently and in one case we had people have
to reestablish their session on each request. Our clusters are setup to
replicate sessions, round robin and be sticky. We've had pretty good results
with this setup,

Phil