So, Just a follow up. I received a copy of CF5 enterprise from kind members
of this list, thanks again.

The original license I had was only for Linux. Since it was given to the
company I am working at for free when Macromedia Generator was phased out.

So I did a test install in a Ubuntu VM, only to discover CF5 only runs on
older versions Apache (LTE Apache 2.0.43-xx ) AFAIK

I did get it running with a old version of Apache using some .so modules
from this site. http://home.nextron.ch/coldfusion/

But all these versions of Apache have security holes, so I cant use them in
production.

So, I figured, maybe i'll have to settle for IIS :(  ;  I moved to a WIN32
server that has several other variations CF server, (XP pro, IIS 5.1, quad
core,) however the license key I had would not work in WIN32. - :|

I logged in to Adobe.com, and fired up their Live help around 2AM and
explained the situation.

The Generator purchase was almost 7 years ago under Macromedia, and ADOBE
had no record of giving out the free CF5 license at all and it did not show
up in the account, even though the Generator purchase was there.

But, within 15 minutes of a long list of questions, they got back to me, and
provided a license for ColdFusion5 Enterprise WIN32.

So, I now have it all installed and working under IIS. This means several
apps wont have to be re-factored right away, saving the company money and
time.

It is funny to see the slew of CFML servers; CF5, CFMX, ACF8, ACF9, RAILO,
BlueDragon JX and OpenBd all playing nice on 1 XP box. My, how far this all
has come in such a short time!

In finishing, I have to say Kudos to Adobe for being understanding, and
doing the right thing.

Thanks again to this group for the help, I am sometimes stunned at how fast,
and how many people respond to this list.

It is one the reasons I originally got inspired by CFML, and it is one of
the best things about the language, the CFML community's simply rock.

/K