Leigh -

That is an interesting idea. But would it truly be "faster" to add 3
cfquerries to the function - when all I have now is one?

I certainly see the power/flexibility of having the delivery date logic in a
table - because it would be easier to adjust it in the future - - But again
- is it faster?

>From what I have read - and what I understand - the query is where the
bottle neck usually happens - since you are hitting the database server.
???

Also - it seems like overkill to keep a database with 100 years of dates -
especially when we can easily find out any date with 1 tag of cf code. Is a
query and an output faster than a loop?

I am asking because I don't know - and this is what I am trying to learn...
I like the ideas - but I am wondering if it truly improves performance or
not.  Is there a way to know? I would love to test both methods and see what
the results are.

And yes - I think that technically - the next day delivery "could" be a
Saturday... Need to verify that though. Their table says it's not... But I
think that is because Saturday is a special request.

- Nick