From: b...@bradwood.com [mailto:b...@bradwood.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:06 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: AJAX Question

I appreciate everyone falling over themselves to give the obligatory "Use
jQuery" response :), but I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned the super
simple method of doing this that is built right in to CF8 and 9.

Click on this link (CF8 docs):
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/ajaxui_5.html
and scroll down to "Using the cfajaxproxy SetForm function".

There's a working code sample for you and everything.  Essentially, you
create a CFC on the server side and reference it with a cfajaxproxy tag.
 To borrow from Adobe's example, the magic happens in about 3 lines of
JavaScript code:

var auth = new AuthenticationSystem();
auth.setForm("loginForm");
auth.validateCredentials();