> Better to stay consistent and use jQuery for everything rather than drop into
> a different implementation and syntax.

>From the sound of his question I'd bet he's not using any Ajax
implementation and syntax right now.

> "I don't know of anyone actually using CF8's built in implementation"

That's too bad.  We use it, and we use it everywhere we do Ajax.  We
still use jQuery for pretty much all our other DOM manipulation and
stuff but we simply can't beat the ajax proxy stuff when it comes to
talking back to the server.  It's simple, it does everything we need
(like easy error-handling), and it works well.

> It's highly unlikely that anyone is going to be building a single AJAX call
> in a vacuum.

I would agree, but the usage of any other JS framework (like jQuery)
doesn't automatically preclude the possibility of me mixing and matching
the best and easiest of all worlds.  The OP is obviously getting his
feet wet in Ajax right now.  I'm sure he'll drink the jQuery koolaid
like most of us in due time. In the mean time, he deserves to at least
know the viable options that he already purchased along with his CF
license.  :)

~Brad