Apple is blocking it, yes, but they also have some very valid points
about the stability and performance of the Flash player. Flash player
is pretty good on Windows and yet it is still the almost the sole
cause of my memory leaks in Firefox.  Install Firefox with no other
plugins, head to a flash site like Pandora, leave it open and watch
your memory usage crawl up.

I'm not a Mac user, currently, but my friends who are admit that Flash
is a leading cause of slowness and crashes under OS X. Apple claims
that the performance and stability just aren't there for Flash on the
iPhone OS. I'm sure that part of it is definitely politics and control
issues by Apple but I also believe that Adobe is doing themselves no
favors with the performance and stability issues I've already seen.

Adobe claims that it is making performance and stability on
non-Windows OSes a priority in Flash 10.1 so we'll see how they do.
Hopefully they'll get it nailed and the stability and performance
claims will become a moot point as I'd love to see Flash on every OS.

Judah