Have a question in regards to setting up distributed mode. We have ran in
distributed mode for years with CF7 and windows 2000. We are in the process of
upgrading to CF9 and Windows 2008. The problem I am having is the we used to be
able to have all of our code on a fileserver and point IIS to that UNC path and
life was good. Now the only way to get Coldfusion to server CFM pages is to
have the CFM code on both the fileserver and the CF servers as well. It will
give an error of "file not found" if you do not.

Now I know in the documentation it says this is the way you have to set it up..
but I guess my two questions are....
1. Why did it work before with the code only being in one place?
2. Why is the CFM files needed in both the file server (where IIS points for
webcode) and on the CF boxes as well?

Any help is appreciated.