I'm not a newbie to CF, but I am to CFFILE. I have an idea how to take an
existing template that queries for any of about 50 educational courses, and
displays the course and section info for them, and create static HTML files
instead. Any advice would be appreciated.

category.cfm displays a list of all the courses. The links are displayed on
the page as <LI>s with the course number passed to a second file used to
display the course information-- course.cfm.

course.cfm displays the actual information for each course offered,
including section or meeting dates.

Previously, I created a file, called course2htm.cfm that writes all the
information for a course as I need the file to appear on the web (we don't
have CF Server available to the world - so the files have to be non-CF),
but I have to copy the html, and paste it into an html file. Multiply that
by 50 or more, and it's not pretty.

I'm thinking that I could use CFFILE either within the first file,
category.cfm and create the html files when I click on the links, or I
could use CFFILE within, or in conjunction with the second file,
course2htm.cfm, to create the files I need.

My CFWACK is at home, so all I have is the CFML Language Reference
(eeeuuwww!). I may figure it out before a response comes back, but if
anyone could offer some quick tips, I sure would appreciate it.

TIA,
--John