>With the limitations on budget in today's economic, few companies can
>afford money for both.  I'd much rather the money be spent on
>development.  Frankly, if I get another overpriced glossy marketing
>packet from Abode when they are cutting staff in product development,
>I'm gonna barf.

As someone that is in software development and sales myself I can say that you
won't HAVE any money for development UNLESS you have sales. So you absolutely
need to be putting resources into both. Sure, as a developer in CF I'd prefer
that the bulk of resources go to development but that's just not reasonable to
expect that all of it would. If in a bad economy that means cutting back some
on development, that's understandable.

If Adobe feels rebranding will help increase exposure and/or interest in the
product, then it certainly should be looked at. I'm dubious that it would make
much difference and can't imagine after all these years having to refer to it
as anything but "ColdFusion" but if it might help uptake among certain markets,
I can live with that.