A few things to try:

1)  "Close" all open projects  (right-click on a project and select
'close') and restart.  See if that makes it start fast.

2) Check the network settings.  A long wait time might mean it's
trying to do something networky, and it's waiting for a response.
Like, for the help system, it starts a little local webserver, and
maybe there's a firewall issue or something.

3) Check the log, and see what it's doing when starting up.  I think
you can even turn on more verbose logging of startup stuff, but google
will know for sure.

And, that's about all I got.

As for CFEclipse, there should be a new release at the next full moon,
I think.  Pretty soon.

If you'd like to help test the preview release, which should be
working on Helios, the "preview" update site is:

http://cfeclipse.org/update-preview

Feel free to take it for a test drive and please let us know (on the
cfeclipse mailing list, preferably, tho wherever is clever, really) if
you run into any show-stopper type stuff.

Blessed be!
:Denny

--
Judaism boasts of no exclusive revelation of eternal truths that are
indispensable to salvation, of no revealed religion in the sense in