I think that when working on a team of programmers that are all working on
the same applications or the same website that it's important to have a
programming standard or a guide. I think this goes with any language be it
web or desktop applications. I think that it's ok for programmers to have
their own style of programming style and own methods to programming however
when multiple programmers get together they should be writing applications
in the same style using the same guides or else applications and websites
looks and unprofessional. I also think it really helps the programmers to
work together and be in sync with one another. Ie; if you have a guide of
where to put code you can know exactly the location of a script if your
teammate wrote it.

Do I really think there is a right of wrong in the discussion of where you
should put code? Not really. I just think that when working on a team of
developers that it is necessary to have guides like these so that all
programmers are working consistently. : )

Paul