I had that problem a while back..  I shut down the ftp server and
luckily never had the problem again..
I also set up my home computer to check the index.cfm page of all of
my websites for changes. I get an email and text alert whenever one
of my index.cfm pages changes.  I created a script to ignore the area
around the banner ads.  The email gives me a link where I can see the
old version side by side with the new version and see what has changed.
   The funny thing is I forgot about my copyright notices. At
midnight on new years eve, I got a text from each of my websites as
the copyright notice changed over to the new year automatically!