That wouldn't work if your page changes on each load..  for example,
mine has a banner ad that rotates with each load, a last updated date
that changes a few times a day, and a copyright notice that changes yearly...
so what I do is:
1. CFHTTP the page into a variable..
2. I  surround changeable areas with a string inside html comments
(not cf comments - or they would not show up!) like '@@@start@@@'
and  @@@end@@@' .  When I check the page
I just snip out everything between those 2 strings.
3. I have a database table that stores every version of my index.cfm
page - with those changeable areas removed.  I just select the most
recent version, compare it to the current page, and do nothing if
they are the same.  If they are different, I store the copy of the
page into the database table, send myself an email and a text (I do
this also if the server is not responding).
4. The email and text gives me a link which takes me to a page on the
website that shows the last 2 versions side by side so I can easily
see what changed.

another cool thing I do with it is when I call the page via cfhttp, I
add a parameter that tells my index page to display some data from
our database.  I  display my own information (which never changes)
from a few different tables, such as my name, address, email, comment
and a bunch of other things..  this automatically gets compared for
each version and I get notified if it changes - to alert me to a sql
injection attack.

I make changes to the index page (outside of the changeable
areas)  maybe once a month or so - and when I do - I make sure I get
that text message - to confirm the monitoring system works!

On my todo list is to measure how long the page load takes and graph
it over time, and alert me if it is much slower than normal.