From: Mike Kear [mailto:afpwebwo...@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 November 2010 23:09
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Free ColdFusion Hosting

I'm not sure what your problem is with hosting in another country.
Specially not if the other country is the USA.  It's not going
anywhere.   I've been hosting sites in the USA since 1996 and never
once had a problem related to the physical location.

At first i expected to have performance problems because of the
distance between the server and the users, but those fears proved to
be groundless.   There is plenty of bandwidth carrying data around the
world, and quite frankly i dont think it matters where your server is
located,  unless you have pretty significant amounts of traffic.

There ARE issues you need to think about with any hosting company, but
geographic location isn't one of them, if the company is located in
one of the G20 countries.

Incidentally,   as a sidebar,  I received a UCE last month from a
Russian web host, offering to host any project I might wish to host,
including  (and i was astonished to see this spelled out):

credit card fraud,  (yes, they used the word "fraud"!)
personal details collection (meaning phishing I assume)
music file sharing
adult files
porn movies
child pornography  (yes!  They actually invited me to host child porn! )

I was flabbergasted that they were so open and blatant about it.
Needless to say I wasnt interested in what they have to offer,  and I
referred their offer to the Australian Federal Police.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month