No... when you are "using odbc" you are still using a JDBC Bridge driver. In
the case of CF it's from sequelink and you can see it running in the task
list as swsoc.exe.... it's what get's fired off with the Coldfusion ODBC
Service.

Whats really happening under the hood is that a JDBC driver is connecting to
a socket provided by sequelink's service and issue JDBC commands. Sequelink
translates these commands or calls into ODBC Calls and connects to the
datasource the Access file using ODBC. It get's the results and translates
them back into JDBC and sends them up the chain to the JDBC bridge
driver.... So even though you are ODBC'ing the datasource you are still
using JDBC and bridging to it.

This is one of the reasons why Access became a much worse idea as soon as CF
moved to Java. Instead of using the ODBC subsystem directly it now requires
an intermediate layer to connect.

-Mark

Mark A. Kruger, MCSE, CFG
(402) 408-3733 ext 105