Thanks, everyone for all the different perspectives. I know that if I were
looking at coldfusion for the first time these days, with all the OOP and
framework talk dominating the 'airwaves', I'd probably go with PHP or something
else, because there is no real benefit to Coldfusion if the learning curve is
similar for other scripting languages (and this is where coldfusion could
easily die a quick death: potential adopters would not see the benefits of
going with coldfusion over more popular alternatives). But I'm a Graphic
Designer, not a hard-core programmer, so, I will continue enjoying all the
powerful stuff coldfusion offers. It's more than enough for the
intermediate-level stuff i do everyday.