On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Dominic Watson
<watson.domi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just a thought: I bought the book and haven't yet started it. Something
> encouraging my procrastination is the horrid thought of having various
> language server services setup on my machine with noob configurations (me
> being the noob).

All the languages in the book are simple command line tools. They are
not "services" that run on your machine.

Most of the languages in the book have what's called a REPL - Read
Eval Print Loop - so you install the language compiler / interpreter
and then just run a command in a shell window and start typing your
code.

For complex code, write it in your favorite editor and save it, then
at the command line just run a command to execute that file.

When you're not running a particular language's code, there's no
memory or CPU overhead.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/