For the timeout issue, there are a couple things, but most likely, your CF5
server is crashing. This is especially true if you have a busy server or use
session & application variables a good amount without using cflock. I think
(and it's been a LONG time) you can check to see if your server is actually
restarting itself by finding your windows event log. This is very possibly
the case especially if you are experiencing this on your production server
but not your development server (assuming you have one and they are separate
machines).

The solution? Upgrade your server to CF9 or if it's a money thing, go to
Railo, it's perfectly fine and will do the job as well as give you a million
new features that you can start to use. CF5 is well over a decade old. Stop
running it. Stop punishing yourself. You are worth more than this.

Oh I just noticed you said it works with client variables, too. Check the
client timeout, check your cookie timeout, especially with Firebug to make
sure they aren't set to expire within a minute. Then look for anything that
interacts with cookies, cfide & cftoken. You can pass #session.urltoken# in
all your links to eliminate any possibilities of having a cookie issue.

nathan strutz
[http://www.dopefly.com/] [http://hi.im/nathanstrutz]