It's not even on the list of featured downloads...you actually have to dig a
little to find a link to download it.  I also don't think that Adobe really
cares about CF all that much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Grant [mailto:mgr...@modus.bz]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 19:41
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Is Coldfusion losing it biggest asset?

No. I'm comparing little apples (Allaire) to bigger apples (Macromedia) to
enormous apples (Adobe).

I've been using CF for many many years. I've done a lot to spread the word
in my neck of the woods. I've been laughed at for years for my choice of
go-to languages. I've talked until I'm blue in the face defending CF against
all the uninformed opinions and pre-conceived notions. I've had to convince
clients why CF is a good choice. I've fought the good fight since v4. And I
have noticed, as I'm sure others have, that since Adobe purchased Macromedia
CF seems to be treated like the ugly cousin that came with Flash.

It's about optics. And since Adobe got CF it is virtually invisible in the
dev world outside of it's community. It's can't be all left up to the user
base to make the product successful. Where we're at right now with CF is as
far as the community can take it.

That's what I think anyway. For whatever that's worth.