+1 on this.

When I created the "Web Technology Group" team at Macromedia to
rewrite the e-commerce parts of the website (built with BroadVision
back then), just after they acquired Allaire, we cross-trained a team
of Java / C++ developers to CFML with great success. We later hired
some CF developers to round out the team. The big benefit was we
started with experienced OO developers and picking up a new language
was pretty easy...

Sean