I've seen this happen before when the trial was not uninstalled properly or the
uninstall didn't complete.  This is the the fault of the EVIL licensing
software that Adobe crams into all of its products.

I had to reinstall and get the same error you got, then use the CFBuilder
uninstaller and then reinstall again. This usually "fixes" the EVIL licensing
software.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator