From: Stephens, Larry V [mailto:steph...@indiana.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 1:25 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Text to voice

We are working on an application that requires us to make a telephone call.
It is an electronic allegory for a dead man's switch. We have a location
with night watchmen who work alone. Worrying about them, since they work
alone, we are developing a small application that will have the watchman log
in at set intervals. If they fail to login, the app will send them a text
reminder. If they still fail to login it will then contact our police
department.

There's the rub. We can't send the police a text and they don't monitor
email. It has to be a voice message. It could even be a canned message.

Can anyone point us to something that will do this that we can program from
CF or VB?

Larry V. Stephens
Office of Risk Management
Poplars 705