You might also take a look at the GIS capabilities that are now baked
into sever DB systems. MS SQL 2008 and the newer versions of PostGres
come to mind as having native support for geographic data. A lot of it
will come down to figuring out your actual requirements, which seem to
be rather fuzzy at the moment. But as much as possible, I'd suggest
using a tool (like a GIS system or spatial-aware DB) that is more
purpose-driven and hooking into it with CF. CF is a great tool for
acting as the glue for disparate systems. Use the best tools for the
job if you can.

Judah

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Bryan Stevenson