Thanks Paul,

lots of good info there!

Just to be clear, there would not be any visualization or anything
fancy....just checking to see if the point is in the box/shape or not -
the end ;-)

I'd hope to have the shapes stored in whatever manner they need to be
stored in (8 in total) the DB and my inputs would be the shape and the
lat/long of the point....wanting an output of in or out.

Cheers