>>- CFQUERYPARAM makes all values look like "parameter 1"... in the error
messages, instead of the real values, not really handful when debugging;

There are parsers that will show the actual queries with values. My favorite
is the one that Ben Nadel wrote. It is a little JS bookmark widget.

>>- CFQUERYPARAM makes all queries more difficult to write AND to read for
programmers;

Opinion. Depends on the person. I have not problem with using them. Besides
the bulk of the SQL code for most of my CRUD's are machine generated.

G!