As with soo many things on this forum... the answer is usually - Ben Nadel

Ben wrote a wrapper for a java package that interfaces with Excel, called
POI

http://www.bennadel.com/projects/poi-utility.htm

<http://www.bennadel.com/projects/poi-utility.htm>It's pretty badass, point
it at an Excel file and you'll get back an array of objects essentially
containing all the sheets and all the data in the sheets (as queries)

Once as query objects you can choose to display the data however you want,
including in grid form (check the jquery site for good grids to use)

=]