Hi Al,

Do you route all of your out-going mail to one server?  Because that's a
horrible way to do it if you are sending out a lot of mail, exactly because
of the experience you have now.

Have they told you what port you can use?  If so, you can change the port on
Coldfusion in CF Admin: Server Settings > Mail.  You can also change the
port on the cfmail tag, <cfmail port ="".

You can also change the out-going port on Smartermail if you look at the
Default Domain Settings.

If you need any help, give me a shout off-list.

Jenny