I love how this thread is comparing HomeSite to punch cards and other old
fashioned computing technologies.

In one sense, it's amazing that HomeSite had the staying power that it did.
Kudos to the original Delphi developers for creating such a great platform.
The only problem is that they did it in the 1990's. 15 years in computing,
15 years on the internet, we're talking about ancient history.

I switched to Eclipse early on. I found myself at a company that had
questionable licensing ethics, so when I started to hear about Eclipse, I
made the switch as soon as I could and haven't missed the annoyances of HS+
one bit. It turned out great for me, I could tell there was a lot of promise
in the platform, so now (7 years later?) it seems like I picked a winner.
These days I use a combination of CFEclipse and Notepad++, both FOSS.
Notepad++ is a great pick-up-and-edit tool.

At home I have been using CF Builder 2, it's good. It's really good. I also
have IntelliJ IDEA, which is surprisingly advanced for CFML development.

In summary, and bringing it back to the thread, try new tools, they are
better. They do more things. Force yourself to try it for a couple weeks and
see if you can be as efficient at it.

nathan strutz
[www.dopefly.com] [hi.im/nathanstrutz] [about.me/nathanstrutz]