Good point MJ. I have some exceptionally productive developers who are
working from home - largely single. I'm betting they would agree with you.
FYI - have you checked out Sean's site? :D

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Jo Sminkey [mailto:mary...@cfwebstore.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:01 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: CF vs. Java Web Developer

>I have been far more productive since I moved out of the house and into a
>proper office, as has my wife (who works for me).

And for many of us, the opposite is the case. Being single and without kids,
I actually have far fewer distractions at home than at work where there are
often people chatting and talking on the phone, etc. around me. I also have
developed some chronic back problems from sitting in a chair all day so in
an office situation, have to get up and stretch on a regular basis, whereas
at home I have more options for positions to work from and can work longer
stretches without having to interrupt my work.

Everyone's situation is unique and I think it's great that some employers
realize this and are bending on the telecommuting issue.

MJS