> "Honey, since you are going to be home today can you <fill in the blank
with all the chores your spouse wants you to do>?"

I get this all the time. My wife spends 1 hr/day commuting and, for example,
likes cooking less than me. *However*, we both know that I *will* spend at
*least* 40 hrs/week working (usually more) and will have teleconferences,
etc.  Also, because I'm sysadmin and DBA, I am more-or-less on-call 24x7x365
via closest high-speed 'net access or 3/4G.  When we're on "vacation," I
almost always have my laptop close by and now have a phone that allows for
tethering.

Bottom line: either you're effective or you're not effective.  Some people
will never be effective telecommuting.  Many will.