> > And of course, to build applications that are "just" ColdFusion, you
> > have to know a lot of things already - relational databases, HTML,
> > HTTP, maybe JavaScript and CSS.
>
> I guess what I'm saying is that I can already do the above, I just want
> a single medium through which to deliver the resulting product. And
> don't forget "design" as a requirement for the one-man band.

But you don't have a single medium now. That's my point. You have to
write in at least three different languages, maybe more, for your
"just" ColdFusion applications: CF, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS. Using Flex as
a front-end, you can drop a couple of other languages, more or less -
JavaScript and HTML. And design is irrelevant here, as you'd have to
do that no matter which approach you take.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.