On 11/15/2011 5:06 PM, Judah McAuley wrote:
> The CF javascript libraries for UI work (cfdiv, cfwindow, etc) were
> based on the ExtJS library (which then merged with Sencha).
> Adobe/Macromedia, as far as I'm aware, never contributed any work to
> that project but did license it. Going forward, it is my understanding
> that Adobe is getting more of the JQuery love in its life and they
> have definitely contributed resources to some of those projects,
> JQuery Mobile in particular.
First, ExtJS didn't merge with Sencha. The company became Sencha after
acquiring JQTouch and Raphael, with their principles joining the
company. ExtJS is still ExtJS.

Yes, Adobe is investing a ton of resources to JQuery and JQuery Mobile.
One advantage to that might be to stop paying Sencha licensing fees in
ColdFusion in the future. Current downside is, JQuery (UI) doesn't
contain most of the components CF is using (Grids, Trees, Menus,
Layouts, etc). JQUI is working on them, but it'll be awhile, whereas
ExtJS has an extensive application component library, and has for years,
along with a mobile library that is also well positioned for app
development (Sencha Touch).

I still see JQueryUI and JQuery Mobile as *site* libraries, and Ext JS
and Sencha Touch as *application* libraries.

Steve 'Cutter' Blades
Adobe Community Professional
Adobe Certified Expert
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://cutterscrossing.com

Co-Author "Learning Ext JS 3.2" Packt Publishing 2010
https://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js-3-2-for-building-dynamic-desktop-style-user-interfaces/book

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"