Oh yeah, I did have a great time patching old servers lol :P

I think I should also consider using jRun... thanks pete.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Freitag [mailto:p...@foundeo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:50 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Required folders under CFIDE

Pradeep,

I would not suggest copying the /CFIDE/ scripts folder into every site root.
This can become a nightmare to manage when you need to update with patches or
new versions. Instead you should create a virtual directory.

I do recommend you setup a virtual host just for ColdFusion administrator, this
makes it easy to restrict, log, etc. Some use the built-in JRun web server for
this purpose and that also works well in many scenarios.

--
Pete Freitag - Adobe Community Professional http://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion
Consulting & Products http://petefreitag.com/ - My Blog http://hackmycf.com -